A pulse oximeter is a non-invasive method of measuring blood oxygen level, blood pressure, and heart rate. It has suddenly come into prominence during this time of the pandemic, COVID-19 because it measures the oxygen level of the human body. Sometimes a person does not show a sign of breathing difficulty, which is a warning symptom of this pandemic.
If you are looking for oximeter then we deal in online medical products that are from big brands and are accurate. Oximeters are widely used in medical centers, hospitals operating rooms, and homes.
This is an inexpensive and accurate product to give readings in seconds and hence is important during the critical medical condition.
How does a pulse oximeter work?
A pulse oximeter is a clip-on device that is attached to the finger generally, to read the blood flow.
Pulse oximeter clip-like structure has two parts; one part of the clip shines the light through a transparent area of the skin and goes to the detector on the other side. The absorption level of light by blood indicates oxygen saturation.
People who want to lead a healthy and lifestyle despite their medical condition need to keep a constant check on their oxygenated hemoglobin and their blood oxygen level. However, if you haven’t bought the one, get your online medical product from our store.
Certain medical conditions need regular blood oxygen monitoring. Some of them are:
- Asthma or any respiratory disease
- Lung cancer
- Cardiovascular disease
- Congestive heart failure, etc.
There are several options available in the market, but choosing the right one is a bit difficult. At Vesalius's health, you can buy medical supplies online without worrying about physically visiting the pharmacy stores.
Why do we need a pulse oximeter?
Some several different purposes and reasons advocate the use of oximeters, including:
- Monitoring the oxygen levels of patients after they have undergone a surgical procedure that requires sedation (or during surgery)
- Gauging whether a patient needs help breathing
- Assessing the effectiveness of supplemental oxygen therapy
- Evaluating the effectiveness of new medications
Benefits of a pulse oximeter
- Pulse oximeters are recommended to people who have conditions that affect their oxygen saturation. For instance, a sleep expert might recommend a pulse oximeter to monitor the oxygen saturation level during nighttime if someone is suspected with sleep apnea or severe snoring.
- Pulse oximetry is also effective feedback medical equipment that reflects the effectiveness of breathing interventions in critical medical conditions like oxygen therapy and ventilators.
- Some doctors use pulse oximetry on people with cardiovascular or respiratory problems to assess the safety of the physical activity. Or may recommend that while exercising a person wears a pulse oximeter. Some stress tests even require pulse oximeter.
- Various Hospitals also use pulse oximeters during the treatment of vulnerable patients. For instance, in neonatal intensive care units, pulse oximeters are used on newborn babies, which alarms the staff of a drop in oxygen saturation.
- Monitors oxygen level during the anesthesia
- Helps in indicating the oxygen levels of people who are on drugs
The purpose of a pulse oximeter is to gauge how well your heart is pumping oxygen through your body. It may be used to monitor the health of individuals with any condition that can affect blood oxygen levels, especially while they are in the hospital.
Blood oxygen saturation, aka SpO2, of less than 95% suggests that the blood is poorly saturated, and can lead to shortness of breath, chest pain, and increased heart rate. Vesalius health deals in all kinds of online medical products from where you can get the delivery of your essentials at doorsteps.